Monday, June 30, 2014

Expanding Blog Hop

Here I am , the eve before Canada Day so I am free to scrap all night if I want to because no work tomorrow, wohoo!

I have graciously accepted being your host of the moment for the Expanding Blog Hop. I think it is amazing that I have been asked to join in by the wonderful Julie over at jsquared in England. and I'm all the way across the pond in Canada.  I met Julie over at Soul Scrappers. I have always admired Julie's fresh fun style and her great ability to layer! Thanks Julie for asking me to join in the fun and to actually get my butt in gear and post to my blog again.

1. What am I working on?

Well currently I have just finished two projects. One was an art journalling challenge over at Soul Scrappers. I love this challenge as it take me so far out of my comfort zone that I just say 'what the heck", and go for it. I never really know what I'm doing and end up with art journalling "Karen Style".




My second project was just a little treat for the people I supervise at work.



2. How does my work differ from others of it's genre?

This is not an easy question to answer, it really makes me think. I think my style of scrapbooking is the same as my style in my home. I like old mixed with new. Some ways that I add the old is to scrapbook vintage family photos, distressing something on the page, I have some embellishments that are retro styles or I actually have some things that are from the 1940's, 50's & 60's, that I have picked up at antique stores along the way. One awesome find was my 1940's good house keeping magazine.


3.Why do I create what I do?

I think my answer as to why I scrapbook is for two reasons. The first being, my whole life, I was shown by my Mother the importance of family. My Mom always made time in her life for her children, her parents and siblings. She created fun loving memories for us all. The second reason is I grew up with a Father who always talked about the good ole days! He grew up in the 1930's when times were tough, money was scarce but adventures were always to be had. I loved listening to the stories he would tell of his childhood as he grew up in a time that was so different then my own. Both of my parents loved to create with their hands too.  My parents influences of family, creativity and history became part of me. I use to spend hours and hours on geneology with my Dad and different crafts with my Mom. Over time, doing what I loved evolved into scrapbooking. It combined the history, the family and the crafty side of my life.

4.What is my creative process?

I start my creative process by finding a challenge online or having a picture that I want to scrap, just something that gets the creative juices flowing. Usually I start with one simple idea in mind and then it blossoms into something more as I go along. One thing I do know about myself is that in order for me to have a creative mind, my desk has to be in complete disarray. If it is neat and tidy, then my mind is neat and tidy and can't think of ideas. The madness on my desk gets me going lol!

Thank you for spending the time to get to know me and visiting my blog. I have invited two more lovely ladies to join in our expanding blog hop. The first being Debi. My lovable and creative friend all the way over in Australia. The second being Mary. My amazing & fabulous friend all the way from Wisconsin, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment